Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip CookiePrep Time: 20 min Baking Time: 9-11 min Cooling Time: 10 min
Yields: 18 cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 Cookie Sheet
1 sheet parchment paper
1 bowl for dry ingredients
1 Medium bowl for mixing dough
1 Electronic Mixer OR Spoon/Fork
1 Wooden Spoon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine & sift flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. This can be done by hand or using an electric mixer.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients (the sifted flour, baking soda and salt) until just blended.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
7. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be 3 inches apart.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly roasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring.