Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Growing up, my dad used to make pizza a lot. I used to think so highly of him because he made pizza from scratch. I think he secretly enjoyed the attention. After making pizza this past weekend, I realized how easy it is to make home made pizza.
1.5 teaspoon Active or Dry Yeast
1.5 cups warm water
4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Place 1.5 cups of warm water in a bowl. Add 1.5 teaspoon yeast. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Do not mix the yeast with a spoon. Just let it rise on it's own.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, or a bowl of a mixer, add all purpose flour and kosher salt.
3. Once the yeast is ready, pour the water-yeast wet ingredients into the flour. Add the olive oil.
4. Using a large spoon, blend the dry and wet ingredients together.
5. Knead the dough together until solid. Roll it into a ball shape.
6. Pour a little olive oil in a bowl. Place the ball of dough in the bowl, covering it with a layer of saran wrap.
7. Refrigerate for 24-72 hours.