Pesto Pizza with Grape Tomato & MozzarellaI cannot believe the first time I had Pesto Pizza was only 6 months ago. I tried out Amy's Kitchen Pesto Pizza and fell in love. It's sooooooo good! Unfortunately, it's close to $8 for a medium size pizza that I can devour on my own.
This recipe is absolutely amazing and it's convenient enough that I don't think I'll be purchasing Pesto Pizza anymore. I found the sauce ingredients made enough for 2 medium pizza's.
Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place the 1/4 cup pine nuts on a skillet (low heat) and let it roast for 5 minutes.
2. While the nuts are roasting, take 2 cups of fresh basil leaves. Wash them and put them in a ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin, roll the basil until it's bruised.
3. Place the basil, garlic, olive oil and roasted pine nuts in a chopper or food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and salt to the pesto sauce.
5. Sprinkle flour on a piece of wax paper for preparing your pizza.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F--if you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to warm up.
7. Roll, stretch and shape your dough into the rough shape that you want.
8. Pour pesto sauce on the pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese and halved grape tomatoes.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe Source: E-mailed from a friend