Sprinkle’s Bakery Strawberry CupcakeIn my head, Sprinkle's is the Magnolia Bakery of LA. Their Strawberry cupcakes are notoriously delicious since Courtney Love blames them for her weight and when CNN asked Blake Lively what her favorite cupcakes were, she answered, "Sprinkles. It's the best in the whole wide world."
I decided to try their Strawberry Cupcake Recipe (which is supposed to be phenomenal in store). With Vanilla and Chocolate cupcakes conquered and mastered by Magnolia Bakery and Billy Bakery, I figure why not take a test of what Zac Efron would taste like in the mind of Megan Fox. No idea what I'm talking about? Megan Fox was quoted telling Access Hollywood that she has a crush on Zac Efron because "[She] think[s] he'd taste like a Strawberry Cupcake."
Yield: 1 dozen
2/3 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree, add a few more strawberries if necessary or save any extra puree for frosting; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in tin before icing.