Monday, April 12, 2010

Wontons

Fried Crab Wonton

I still remember the first time I had crab wontons at a Chinese restaurant in Wisconsin. I think I ordered them at every Chinese restaurant for a good two years. I, for one, have loved cream cheese, but I remember my dad griping about how there is no crab in the recipe.

This recipe has just the right amount of crab and cheese and everything else! It's absolutely scrumptious and a little dangerous--it's one of those rare foods that you can over indulge on without realizing that you're going overboard.

A year ago I actually had 32 of them in one sitting. Minimum. We weren't consciously keeping count, but my cousin had served me 10 in my first serving, I took 5 for seconds, stole 2 from my nephew and 5 from my niece. And then I ate the leftovers.

Ingredients:
2 cans (12 oz.) white crabmeat, drained, flaked
8oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
4green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon all purpose flavoring (without salt)

24 wonton wrappers

Directions:
1. Mix the crabmeat, cream cheese, green onions and mayo until an even mixture is formed.
2. Place a bit of the crab mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper
3. Line the edges of the wonton wrapper with water
4. Take all four edges of the wonton wrapper and shove them together as if you're forming a sack out of the wrapper.
5. Fry in oil until golden brown.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog